Monday, May 09, 2005

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms.

When I was little my mom wasn't working. She went back to work when I was 6, in 1st grade. My favorite memory of her was reading the book "Runaway Bunny." She used to always say, "Because you're my little bunny and I love you." It's about a little bunny who keeps trying to run away but his mother always finds him and brings him back to her.

For mother's day this year, I was in Hallmark and found a really cute stuffed "Boyd's Bears" bunny, holding a little bunny. They were both white, like in the story. So I bought them, and went and bought the book b/c my mom didn't have her own copy. I gave them to her last night for mother's day and made her read it to me just like when I was little.

We heard from the surgeon today. The news wasn't as good as we had hoped. Cancer. She goes to the surgeon tomorrow and he told her to bring her family with her. My sister and I are going. As is my Aunt Pat who went through all of this eight years ago and is still going strong. If I could wish one thing it would be for everyone to have their own Aunt Pat. She is amazing and is really helping my mom through all of this better than any of us can.

No comments: