Monday, June 13, 2005

Endings

Hey... anybody out there?

All right, I've written blogs in my head a hundred times but I never find the time to get it down here.

First - my mom. Well, she had the second surgery. They tested the lymph nodes, the margins and another non-invasive benign tumor and everything came back negative, so it looks like the cancer didn't spread. She'll start radiation on July 7th with a doctor she wants to fix me up with.

Second - my ex. The bookstore/band guy. He sent me and email telling me that I am the only person he would be happy dating at this point in his life. That he's looking to settle down and get married and buy a house and have kids. What is that? Who does that? We dated for 5 months 8 years ago. We never had anything in common, well, nothing that matters anyway. We've tried dating again since then and it NEVER works. Should I have to settle because he seems to be the only person who wants to be with me at this point in MY life?

Third - California boy. I seriously thought a year ago that when he moved out of the Club, I'd never see him again. It was heartbreaking. His girlfriend came to live here. Yet, we still stayed friends. We'd meet for coffee and email and IM. But then she went back to CA, and he graduated and bought a house here and it seemed that he was staying - that he WANTED to stay. Then Saturday, after a perfect afternoon hanging by the pool and just having fun, he tells me, (only because I asked if he had any trips to California coming up) that his landlords want him out of his lease early and since he has no job and the house he bought will have a tenant through July that he's moving back to California - NEXT WEEK. I hate it. I don't want him to leave. I don't want to lose him.

Fourth - "the crush" We are still friendly. Occasional emails. Nothing exciting to report other than his uncanny timing.

Fifth - the school year is almost over. 9 days left. I am sad to see it end. I really loved my job this year. I've loved the people I worked with. 1st grade seems so daunting after 2 years in Kindergarten.

So... I guess that's it. Or at least all that is interesing. I will have to have a baseball rant soon.

No comments: