Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Blurred Line

Okay... there's a thin line between brave and stupid. I think I am straddling it right now. I heard back from said boy. A generally positive reply to my email. Now while a mutual friend told me to remain cool and aloof, I am not good at that. I end up feeling fearful, and monitor my every move which makes life nerve-wracking.

So, I decided to "grab the bull by the horns" as my Friendster horoscope directed and replied to his email. I was forthright and expressed a desire to see him. Will I be crushed if he doesn't go for it? Probably not. As our relationship stands, I am good either way. Do I think this can ever go anywhere? Rationally, no. But that doesn't mean that I can't see what happens, right?

Anyway... vacation is over.

I have a new favorite author: Eugenie Seifer Olson. She writes really cool chick lit. her first book was Babe in Toyland and her recent release is The Pajama Game. I highly recommend both. There's even a reference to Troy, NY in this one. Whoohoo!! A tribute to Michael and Kevin obviously. Who knew Troy was so exciting? Although it did turn out at least three pretty cool guys, although they have all seemed to have relocated to Boston.

What else have I read lately? I began Love in the Time of Cholera but put it down in favor of Eugenie's book.

The Yankees won! LOL They are in the cellar of the divison with the Devil Rays. I know I shouldn't find it funny but I do. I am happy that Tino is back. And I LOVE Moose, Bernie and Jorge but it's amusing to see them buy A-Fraud and The Big Prick and still be losing.

However, I desperately miss Lowe on the Sox. Even Pedro a little.

I am enjoying my new toys, my iPod and my new car. They work well together. I tortured my mother on the drive to and from Niagara Falls with tunes I got from my cousin. Things like Frank Zappa, The Shins, The Zutons, Sleater-Kinney, Dropkick Murphy's. Fun!

Okay, past my bedtime now. Wish me luck!

No comments: