Thursday, April 14, 2005

F@#! Sheffield

I do not like Gary Sheffield. Never have. I am so sick of everyone on the YES Network celebrating the fact that he didn't hit someone and assuming that the fan was trying to hit him.

From my perspective, the Boston fan was no different than anyone else sitting along the fence with a half-hearted attempt to get the ball. His eyes weren't even on Shef. Give me a break. Gary's first reaqction was to shove the guy with his glove. How is that goodsportsmanship?????

I HATE Shef.

At least Michael Kay had an objective opinion. He didn't think the fan was going after Sheffield either. I am beginning to think this whole rivalry thing is media hype.

Grrr.....

It was so weird to see Neil Allen as a coach though. I remember him with the Mets when I was a kid. I had his baseball card.

Doug Flutie in the stands making a great catch. I still have nightmares of the Flutie/Johnson issue when I lived in Buffalo.

Who would have thought the Jays and Orioles would be ahead of NY and Boston. But it's only the second week of the season.

I am off tomorrow to Boston. Saturday I'll be at Fenway freezing my ass off watching the Sox play the Devil Rays. *sigh* My first game of the season. I head to the Stadium on May 1st.

My bed is calling me....

No comments: