Friday, October 07, 2005

I AM NOT HAPPY

Grrrr... the evil White Sox... and fuckin' El Duque.... So the Sox are out. Should we dissect it?

I blame pitching #1. When you go from having Pedro and Schilling as your aces to having Wakefeld (whom I love) and Clement???? Clement hasn't been the same since he took that line drive to his head. Schilling and his bloody sock are now an urban legend. Wake is consistant but still... and with no closer. Timlin is great, a real gamer... but he's not a healthy Keith Foulke. I've said it all year... Derek Lowe may have had a horrible regular season in '04, but in the post season, he came through... had a win, a loss and a save. He pitched his heart out last year.

Can Manny and Papi carry a whole team? True they've done it all year, but still...

Maybe it is true the old saying that the Sox are like Daylight Savings Time: Spring ahead, Fall behind.... They fought to get to the post season, but they shouldn't have had to. They had a 5 1/2 game lead in August. Sure, it doesn't help when you Captain, your starting catcher comes into September batting .299 and leaves bating .280.

Sigh... So, now I must root for the Yankees, but they are not making it easy. I HATE Sheffield, I HATE A-Rod, I HATE Randy Johnson.

As my cousin, the Fenway season ticket holder said, at this time of year, Red Sox Nation starts looking toward next season. But there will be even more changes for next season. Many more players will be gone... I think the sun has set on the Boston Red Sox... But it was good while it lasted.

Could really use a beer at Charlie's now.

No comments: