Monday, June 30, 2008

Broadway and Baseball

I am so enthralled with baseball and broadway right now. Jen & I headed over to Troy for a Tri-City Valley Cats game. It was Jerry Jennings Bobblehead night!!! Whoohoo! It was a great time. I do wonder why I always end up near the people who know NOTHING about baseball. There should be a rule that you have to know something about a sport before they let you in. We had great seats, first row behind home plate, guess they aren't popular but we enjoyed them. It cut down on all the distractions and let us focus on the game. I have a new favorite #44 J.T. Steele - Centerfield. Anyway, the people behind us.... a girl turned to the guy in the middle of the 8th inning w/ the score tied and said, so we'll go into overtime? OVERTIME are you f*ing kidding me? Baseball has extra innings you moron. Even the guys behind us were dumb.

Not that I know EVERYTHING there is to know, but I understand stats, trivia AND rules. I don't need scary people in costumes of the Tooth Fairy, a chicken, a bunny, and a reindeer @ a baseball game. I'm there to watch the game, people watch a little, eat horrible food and relax. The costumed characters are RIDICULOUS!

I have been to A: Tri-City Valley Cats & Oneonta Tigers games, AA: Albany Colonie Yankees games, AAA: Rochester Red Wings games and MLB: Yankees, Mets, Blue Jays, Red Sox and White Sox games. I go to watch baseball.... and is it my fault if some of the guys are cute?

As I mentioned before, Jen said Broadway make everything better... and she's right. There is nothing like singing show tunes while you're driving around. Maybe we should take a baseball road trip and tour some stadiums.

I am also enjoying David Cone as a YES commentator. Which is making me re-read "A Pitcher's Story" by Roger Angell. Am I too old to write fan mail?

I am keeping good thoughts and prayers for Bobby Murcer. He's one of my favorite all-time Yankees.

No comments: