Monday, June 16, 2008

Dating

So, I know a couple people who have had success on Match.com. And I've seen all the comercials, so I decided - hey, why not? I'm not getting any younger and the guy I am interested won't get his head out of his ass.... but that's another story.

Now, cockiness is a turn off for me. It just really leaves a bad taste in my mouth. The first guy who I connected with demanded I buy him coffee before he tells me anything about himself and when I asked what he did for a living, he said underwear model. Ewwwww....

Those of you that know me, will recall the Infamous Buffalo Child Molester story from back in 2001. Meeting people on-line still kinda freaks me out and when I was in college I used to do it ALL the time.

The second guy who connected w/ me is from Rhode Island, kinda cute, & 40. Red flag: it says he lives w/ parents/extended family. Hmmm... Rest of his profile sounds normal enough although he is ultra conservative... He sends me a message practially gushing about how wonderful I am and how he thinks I'm worth getting to know. Now, the jaded person in me says this is all a crock of shit and he's desperate... but what if he's genuinely THAT nice? I don't think I could deal with that.

What's wrong with me?

Plus I don't like having to pay money. When I was in college we were in chat rooms for FREE.

But I work in a place that is 99.5% female. I am too shy and quiet to talk to people I don't know. Plus when I do go out w/ my friends, we aren't big fans of other people. LOL

I am going to be the crazy old lady with cats....

No comments: