Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Grrrr....

Sorry that rant published so weird. I emailed it from work seeing as how i can't blog from there. Oh well! It was long and took my entire lunch, but I feel so much better!

I watched Omar's press conference. I should have created a drinking game for everytime he said "MY DECISION". He did take some of the responsibility though and said they were a team, it didn't all rest of Willie's shoulders.

From what I read, Jerry Manuel is quite similar in personality to Willie. They need someone like Bobby Valentine or Sweet Lou if they want real change. Valentine drove me crazy, but he riled up the team and got them to the World Series in 2000.

Girardi's job is still in question as well among Yankees fans. Now I love Joe. He was one of my favorites from when he was back on the Cubs. (Remember, I grew up watching the NL) He did great with a young, glorified AAA team in the Marlins. Manager of the Year. But can he manage the Yankees? The media is tough. The fans are tougher. He is a nice guy, hardworking. Can the players he played with respect him in a role of authority?

Brian Cashman is the biggest moron on the planet in my opinion. The GMs have too much power and glory. Steve Phillips is a prime example of that. He meddled too much and had to go. Now, as an analyst on ESPN, he rocks and has great insight. The thrill of press conferences and the power of the trade has given too much power to these guys. They take away too much focus from the game. It's all about the business and the $$$$$. Too much $$$$.

There was a great quote on "The West Wing" years ago about how ball players, men paid to play a game were paid millions of $$$$$ and teachers who are responsible for teaching America's children and building the future of this country, barely make $50K. And we allow it to happen. We spend the $50 on tickets, the $8 beers and $25 or more for t-shirts and caps. I am guilty of it as much as the next guy.

I also have to add, how ironic is it that the All-Star Game which is at Yankee Stadium for the final time and the Red Sox players are leading the votes. Hehe....

No comments: